The U.S. Department of Justice selected the Reentry Council of San Francisco
as a site for Phase I of the Justice Reinvestment Initiative. A team of
experts has been working with San Francisco departments to collect and
analyze data to identify the major drivers that involve people in the
criminal justice system and those that drive the costs of the criminal
justice system. Join us as the Reentry Council considers the first report of
the team’s findings. All are welcome to attend.
- Call to Order and Roll Call. No materials.
- Review and Adoption of Meeting Minutes (discussion & possible action). Materials: Draft Meeting Minutes of July 10, 2012.
- Review of Justice Reinvestment Initiative Background and Objectives (discussion only). Materials: JRI Background Memo and Timeline.
- Presentation of Preliminary Data Analysis and Findings of the Justice Reinvestment Initiative. JFA Institute and Crime and Justice Institute (discussion only). Materials: JFA Institute Presentation and Crime and Justice Institute Presentation.
- Discussion of Preliminary Data Analysis and Findings of Justice Reinvestment Initiative and Process to Develop Policy Options (discussion only). No materials.
- Council Members’ Comments, Questions, and Requests for Future Agenda Items (discussion only). No materials.
- Public Comment on Any Item Listed Above, as well as Items not Listed on the Agenda. No materials.
- Adjournment. No materials.
Audio & Video